NAGS HEAD FISHING PIER
2020 PIER RULES
The rules strive to promote ideal fishing facilities for all customers. Your cooperation and compliance are expected.
- MAXUMUM No. OF RODS—2 PER ANGLER
- PETS— NO PETS ALLOWED ON PIER OR IN PIER HOUSE
- SHARK FISHING—NOT ALLOWED. Pier nets will NOT be used for landing any sharks caught
- RAIL SPACE
- Available on a first come first serve basis.
- MUST FOLLOW 6 ft SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
- Lines in water must be attended to at all times except for brief trips to the bathrooms or pier house.
- Anglers leaving the rail for extended periods of time (meals, shopping, etc.) will, before leaving, release the rail space by reeling in and removing rods from the rail!
- Before Casting, look to assure that other persons are at a safe distance from your rods and hooks.
- Cast straight out! Not on an angle that will interfere with other persons’ line.
- Anglers casting lures MUST exercise care to avoid fouling lines set out for bottom fishing, and pin rigs.
- PIN RIGS
- Due to conditions on pier, PIN RIGGING will be limited to season pass holders only and will have a strict limit of 8 PIN RIGGERS per day!
- PIN RIGS are to be set up on the NORTH and SOUTH rails ONLY as to allow other fisherman to utilize the end for jigging.
- No bottom rigs will be used past the white line on end of pier.
- There will be NO BENCHES or Personal items (coolers, tackle bags, etc.) past the white line to ensure safety for all fisherman!
- There will be NO BUCKTAILS or COBIA LURES thrown into the PIN RIGGING area or you will be asked to leave with no refund!
FAILURE TO FOLLOW RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM PIER WITH NO REFUNDS GIVEN OR QUESTIONS ASKED. PLEASE HELP US TO ENSURE THE SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT OF ALL CUSTOMERS EQUALLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION – MANAGEMENT